NORTH JERSEY YACHT RACING ASSOCIATION, INC.
The name of the corporation is the North Jersey Yacht Racing Association, Inc.(hereafter, Association).
- The purpose of the Association shall be to:
- Encourage and promote racing of sailing yachts under current rules as adopted by the United States Sailing Association;
- Encourage and promote sailing activities among members of this Association and other groups with which it interacts;
- Enforce rules governing sailing competitions and conduct of sailing competitions among member clubs of this Association;
- Exercise advisory jurisdiction over activities carried on by member clubs of this Association;
- Foster educational programs for training of members in the science of seamanship and navigation;
- Promote educational and scientific purposes by aiding in training of amateur sailors;
- Provide training for candidates and their crews for competitions;
- Promote and make available to contestants in aforesaid sailing events new developments in design, construction, sails and rigging of craft of the type used in such contests;
- Foster and promote public interest in participation of aforesaid sailing events;
- Coordinate and aid candidates with information for these sailing events;
- And generally aid and promote informational exchange among its member clubs and associations.
- Membership in this Association shall consist of.
- Voting members represented by delegates hereafter described and composed of:
- Yacht clubs (sometimes called titled boat clubs, sailing clubs, or sailing associations), which by their application for and election to membership in the Association accept the responsibility to carry out in their respective areas the purposes for which the Association was organized.
- Class associations composed of one-design sailing craft organized through fleets;
- Offshore cruising/racing associations.
- Nonvoting members composed of:
- Affiliated associations, which conduct college, school, Sea Explorer, Sea Scout and similar sailing programs;
- Individuals or families who are interested in sailing;
- Other sailing organizations not members of another yacht racing organization;
- Corporations wishing to support the work of the Association.
- Such other categories as may be established by the Executive Committee.
- All members shall have the privilege of attending or being represented at all Association meetings. Member clubs shall receive Association publications, notices, and meeting minutes as the Executive Committee shall prescribe. All member delegates shall be entitled to wear the insignia adopted by the Association. Membership in the Association by a member club is a prerequisite for a delegate to hold office and serve on committees.
- The Executive Committee shall set a schedule of annual dues to be paid by members of the Association. The Executive Committee shall also set fees and charges for other needed Association activities.
- The Executive Committee may after a hearing for cause recommend to the Association the expulsion or suspension of any member. This recommendation shall be sent to all members of the Association at least three weeks before the meeting at which it is to be acted upon. A vote of four-fifths of voting members present at such a meeting shall be required for expulsion or suspension.
Duration and Dissolution
The Association shall continue as a corporation until a proposal for dissolution shall be passed by the Executive Committee and voting members of the -Association. For notice and voting requirements, any such proposal shall be treated as an amendment to these Articles and shall comply with the provisions of Article Fourth hereof. Upon dissolution of the corporation, the Executive Committee shall, after paying or making provision for the payments of all of the liabilities of the corporation, dispose of all the assets of the corporation exclusively for the purposes of the corporation in such a manner or to such organization or organizations connected with the sport of sailing organized and operated exclusively for charitable or educational purposes as shall at the time qualify as an exempt organization or organizations under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 (or corresponding provision of any future United States Internal Revenue Law), as the Executive Committee shall determine. Any such assets shall be disposed of by the Court of Competent Jurisdiction of the county or district in which the principal office of the Corporation is then located, exclusively for such purposes or to such organization or organizations, as said Court shall determine, which are organized and operated exclusively for such. purposes.